Friday, August 15, 2014

Oregon Trip!

We had a great opportunity to take a trip to Oregon. Robert had a conference in Portland so we decided to tag along with him. We stopped in Utah on the way there and saw Robert's brother Carl, his sister Denise and their families. Our nephew Chris was leaving on his mission that week so we had to say goodbye. We were also able to sneak in some sealings at the Logan temple. Thanks Denise for watching our kids! Sadly I did not get pictures of Chris. I don't know what I was thinking. We were also able to spend some time near the coast with Robert's brother and sister.
 
Cousins!
 
 
 
We stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown Portland. It was a Beautiful Hotel! Portland was not my favorite city, but we had fun anyways. While Robert was at his conference I took the kids to the zoo, the Children's Museum, the movies, and swimming. We kept busy and had so much fun. The highlight of the trip was the end when we headed to the coast to go camping with Carl, Christina, and families. We went to see the Redwoods, and saw the beautiful Oregon coast. It was so pretty.
 
 
Jakob did not sleep well. Here we are trying to sleep in the early morning.

 
I had to post pictures of our room because it was so beautiful!
I was packing up so it's a little messy.
 

 I w




 
The Zoo
 
We had a great experience at the zoo. We saw a lioness play with her 3 cubs, black bears playing, polar bears eating and swimming, a HUGE sea lion swimming and lots of other fun animals.
 
 



 


 

 
The Night Life
 
After Robert was done with his conference we would go find someplace to eat dinner and then do a little exploring around the city. I saw this Target and was so excited to check it out. It had 3 levels and was a little bit smaller than normal Targets, but fun to check out.
 
 

 
The movie theater was in the mall downtown. I was super excited to find a mall. It was fun to look around and shop.
 



 
Children's Museum
 
I think I have bad luck with Children's Museums. We tried to go in Denver and it was super packed and the day we decided to go in Portland it was raining and again super packed. I don't think it's super fun when there are too many kids to even do anything. Emma still had fun though. We trudged through the rain, to the train, and then trudged through again to get to the museum. It was a crazy day, but Emma had a lot of fun.
 





 
 
Redwoods
 
This was so beautiful! Jakob was a little fussy, but it was still fun.
 



 





 
We had to walk a little bit to get to the forest. We walked over this beautiful river and fun bridge.






 
A difference of a few hundred years between the little tree and big tree.
 
 
The Beach
 
We took a little walk from our campsite to the beach. Seriously, the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. It was breathtaking. We weren't able to be there very long. We were only able to spend about 24 hours with Robert's family so we packed it in. It was so pretty though. I loved every second of it.





 
Emma and Charlie playing in the water.







 
The wind was blowing our shirts out, but still a fun pic. I would love to do real family pictures here someday. 

 
All of her cousins were playing in the sand, but she just played and played in the water.

 
Jumping in the waves with Aunt Laurie.

 
 
Camping
 
Robert snapped some candid pics right before we left. I wish I would've taken more pictures of camping. It was fun and a really nice campsite.



 
After breakfast we headed home, or to Winnemucca, Nevada. We had a crazy drive that day through the middle of Oregon and Nevada. We happened in to be in a very tiny town in the middle of Oregon. We stopped at Subway for dinner and ran into an old friend from Laramie, Diana Banks. It was so random and so great to see her. Very serendipitous. We got to our hotel in Winnemucca crashed and woke up the next morning and headed home. It was good to finally be home. Jakob did better on the drive than I thought. It was a really fun trip.
 
 
 






No comments: