Sunday, November 10, 2013

Baby update and sick little girl!

So, as many of you remember when I was pregnant with Emma I was diagnosed with Preeclapsia at about 30 weeks. Well, at about the same time with this pregnancy my blood pressure started to get a little high. So, for the last 2 1/2 weeks I've been on semi-bed rest. Basically I need to be laying down and resting most of the time unless Emma needs me. I still take her back and forth to preschool, but am resting most of the time. It is helping and my blood pressure has stayed down. My labs are still normal so I technically don't have preeclampsia. I'm sure the rest is helping with that. So, basically I get pretty bored and frustrated, but I just try to remind myself that being on bed rest is better than having my baby born too early. He is doing great though. He moves around great.
 
My poor Emma has had a rough weekend. She woke up at about 1 am saying she didn't feel good and then a half hour later started throwing up. That kept up until about 530 and then more sickness at about 1030 this morning. My poor baby was pretty miserable. I'm glad Robert was home to help me. It was definitely a blessing that it happened on the weekend. She's already back to her normal happy self. What a weekend. Things might be pretty boring around here until baby boy arrives. I'm doing all of my Christmas shopping online and Robert has been a great help at keeping up with things.
 
 
 

3 comments:

Nola said...

Sorry Emma was sick. There has been a NASTY throw up bug going around our area too. I have heard it is fast and furious.
I hope your bed rest doesn't make you too crazy. It is so worth it, but not easy.
I also think it is smart to do the online shopping! Christmas time babies mean a lot of planning, but it is fun to be reminded of the birth of the Savior in a unique way.

Pauly said...

Poor Emma, and mommy and daddy! Sick kids in no bueno! Take it easy girlfriend, so excited to see you new little guy... even just pictures!

Candace said...

Oh Lindsey, I'm sorry you're on partial bed rest. I remember how hard it was when that happened to me (with Kyle). Hang in there. I know it gets old really fast. But like you said, better that...than to have your baby come early. Looks like you guys have a fun Halloween. Emma looked so cute!