Saturday, February 20, 2010

California Vacation

We just got back last week from really fun vacation in California and a couple of stops along the way. Robert got a paid week off at work and we have really good friends that live in California so we were off!
Day #1
We left Friday afternoon and headed to Salt Lake to stay with Robert's brother Carl and his family. We also were able to visit with my cousin Wade and his family right before they moved to San Antonio.

This is Emma's cousin Wyatt giving her a hug. All of sudden I look down and Wyatt has tackled her to the ground. It was so funny because she didn't even care.


Now she is playing with her cousin Charlie. They love to play together. Charlie runs around calling her Memma. It's so cute!


My Mom just moved to Mesquite,NV. It was a perfect stop to make on our way to Cali. It was fun to see her and she was so excited to be able to visit Emma. We ended up staying in Mesquite on the way there and on the way back.


The Beach!
This is the first place went on our vacation. The water was way too cold to swim in, but it was such a beautiful day to see the ocean and visit the beach.









Robert was throwing up in there. I love this picture and it really shows how much fun we were having.


We went to visit our friends Ashley, Derek, and Marshall Walton. Ashley became our tour guide of southern California.




San Diego Zoo

The zoo was really fun and definitely the biggest and best I've been to. We got there just in time to see the baby panda. They only bring him out for a couple of hours a day. It was interesting they had us walk through the panda exhibit in a big line and be really quiet. The pandas were my favorite and really beautiful animals.






The gorillas were also really cool. I wish I had pictures of more of them. There was even a little baby gorilla. He was so cute! In this picture Emma is looking at the big Dad gorilla. If you look clsoe you can see him.




Robert and Derek found cheap tickets to a Clipppers/Jazz game. They went to that while Ashley and I did Mary Kay stuff.



Hollywood and Beverly Hills

Hollywood was not what I thought it would be. It was pretty dirty and kind of scary. So we decided to take a quick drive through Beverly Hills and down Rodeo Drive. I had always wanted to see these cities, but I don't think I'll ever need to go back.



Newport Beach Temple
Robert and I got to sneak away one night and go to the temple while our awesome friends took care of our little Emma! I loved the Newport Beach temple! It was so beautiful! This isn't a good picture, but we tried.


Disneyland!

This was a crazy, but fun day. Disneyland is so kid friendly and I was surprised by how many rides Emma could go on. Her favorite was the Finding Nemo ride. It takes you in a Submarine and then you look out these windows into the water and it has the characters doing different things. She squealed and laughed through the whole thing.It was so neat to see her. I'm sad though because I didn't get any picture of that ride.

Emma slept so good in her stroller. She also got to meet Woody and Jessie and drink her bottle in Minnie's house. We were in line to meet Micky Mouse, but she kind of had a breakdown so we decided to go feed her and put her down for a nap in her stroller. It was a crazy day I didn't get quite as many pictures as I wanted, but I'm so glad we have the ones we do.














Soon, our time in L.A. with Ashley and Derek was over and we headed to San Luis Obispo. It was a beautiful drive up the coast. With wonderful green rolling hills,grape vineyards, and orange trees. We went to visit our friends Tim, Arya, and Brecken. We had less than 24 hrs. to spend with them, but they made it so fun! San Luis Obispo was a really nice town and it was nice to be far away from the business of L.A.



Emma went home early with Ashley and Derek the day of Disneyland so we got to stay and have a little date and get this picture taken.It was fun to spend time just the two of us. Then, our vacation was over. It was a blast and I can't wait until the next one!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Lindsey, that's so cool that you guys got to do this! I love all the pictures of Emma cause I can imagine just how she would react to things since Aves is the same age. That picture of Emma in the air is awesome! I'm happy that you guys got to do this, it looks like you had a blast and you seem to have great friends.

Alayna said...

That looked like so much fun!!

Sarah said...

hey again - it doesn't tell you I updated cause my blog is private. It's one of the downsides of the privacy...some days I'm tempted to go public again.

Jason and Amanda said...

That looks like so much fun! It makes me want to go on a vacation! Glad you had fun

Trish said...

How fun! Great pictures too.

Michelle said...

Way cool! Mike would love to take a vacation to CA, and we're hoping to go in the next year or two. This year we're doing Phoenix instead, since he's already got to go there for his big Exam. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Dashley said...

Thank you so much for making cali your vacation destination! I already miss you guys crazy amounts! You guys rock and we love you!!

Arya said...

I know this is late, but I just looked at your blog. We are so glad you came! It was so good to see you again and it made me miss you! I wish we all lived closer together!