Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Awful Awful Bed Rest!
So, I'm on bed rest! I'm having so much fun! Just kidding! I'm trying really hard to be positive and to focus on all of the good wonderful things coming. They think I might have pre eclampsia. I feel ok. Sometimes I get light headed and nauseous. I feel better as long as I'm resting. Hopefully my levels get better and I don't have to do this for very much longer. Baby is doing well though and loves to kick her mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh man! Sorry. When do they check you out again?
Lindsey!! I'm So sorry. I hope things get better, and you can get back on your feet before too long. I can't imagine how hard that must be. At least you know you're doing what's best for your little baby. Hope you have some good books to read. Take good care.
Hi, Lindsey. I just came across your blog. I experienced preeclampsia this past summer and I had the same symptoms you mention, among others. I shrugged it off, figuring I felt so bad because I was on bed rest, and then because I was near the end of my pregnancy. The preeclampsia led to kidney failure, just after my son was born. If you want to talk, I host a forum/message board at www.KeepEmCookin.com. The Preeclampsia Foundation is an excellent source of information, so you may want to check that out.
I hope to hear from you...
Oh that is the worst news. I worried all the time about what I would do if I had to go on bed rest. Luckily, and not so luckily at the end I wished I had a reason not to work, I never even got close.
So is your blood pressure too high? Protein in your urine?? It will all be worth it in the end.
Does that mean we don't get to visit with you for Scott's wedding???
Lindz,
I am so sorry. I just got put on bedrest also but for pre-term labor. Don't let the pre-ecclamsia get too bad. I have seen some scary stuff. Be careful. When they say "stay down", they mean it for good reason. Keep that baby in there.
I'll be praying for you!
Love ya,
Ki
Linds, congrats on the car! But sorry about the bed rest. Just think of all the reading, internet surfing, and movie/TV watching you can catch up on. :) Call me if you get bored!
Post a Comment