Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Latest

It has been so long since I've posted. I keep waiting for something to happen with pictures, but we haven't been great about taking pictures lately. We have been settling in here in Rawlins. We have met some good people and are making some friends. They also have great things here for Moms with toddlers so Emma and I keep busy. I'm really starting to get my business going here. It's been fun to meet new people. I hope to be a Sales Director in July and earn my next car 6-9 months after that.

Robert is really liking his job more and more. He works with really nice people and he's learning a lot. We're still crossing our fingers that he gets a permanent position. It's looking good, but we won't know for sure until April or May. He also been playing church basketball to be able to get to know more people. It's not his sport, but he's learning a lot and it's really helped us to get to know more people in the ward.

My grandma passed away in February so Emma and I headed down to Mesquite, NV to spend some time with my Mom.  Emma did okay on the long drive. We stopped over in Layton for the night with Robert's very hospitable brother Carl and his family. Emma loves playing with her cousins Charlie and Alice. Carl and Laurie are so fun to visit and do so much for us! I really meant to take more pictures on this trip, but didn't really get any.

We are off this weekend to Kemmerer for a Memorial Service for my Grandma. I'm excited to see family I haven't seen in a while. Then, Emma Marie's birthday is next week which I'm so excited for!!!  I can't believe my baby is turning 2! We decided to take her binky which is actually going better than I thought it would, but while she was screaming in her crib she tried to climb out and actually fell out! She was okay, but then it was time to get her out of her crib. So she is sleeping on her crib mattress for now. We actually ordered her a Captain's bed and a mattress which I'm excited about. With this bed you don't need a box springs. The mattress sits in it and there are drawers underneath.

Well, I think that has been our life for the past couple of months. I will be posting birthday pictures soon!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update Linds. Sorry about your grandma. Good job with your business - you're one of the most motivated people I know and I really admire that. Can you point me to where you guys got Emma's bed?