Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Pictures!

Here are some more pictures of our little Emma! Things are going well. She had some jaundice, but is now off the light bed. We have some feeding issues. In the hospital we had some breast feeding issues, but she did okay. They gave me a feeding tube and syringe to go home with in case she wouldn't nurse, and ever since we came home I've only gotten her to nurse twice. We tried the feedig tube and it seemed to work, but now in the last 24 hours have started her on the bottle with pumped milk. I went to see my OB yesterday and she suggested that I take a break and start the bottle. She said she is either going to nurse or she's not and she is still getting the exact same nutrients from the bottle. The nurse thinks that part of the problem is my milk production is too low and she can't get enough fast enough and gets really frustrated. They might put me on medication to make it better. Right now I'm barely pumping enough for her to eat and sometimes have to supplement with formula. It has probably been the most frustrating and sad thing. I still try to nurse at almost every feeding, but she just gets so frustrated. On a happy note! She is a very good baby and hardly ever fusses. She is such a sweet baby and is already such a blessing to us. Here are some pictures that we have taken. The light bed looks absolutely terrible, but she actually slept pretty much the whole time while she was on it. It was such a blessing. I was really worried about it. She got herself into some really cute positions. Enjoy the pictures!



10 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! She did get into some cute positions! Glad she did well under the light - Avery didn't do so hot - she's happiest when she's all bundled up. Sorry the nursing isn't going so well - hope that gets better for you! She sure is a little beauty. I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of all her hair!

Heather said...

OH Lindsey! Keep trying with the breast feeding! PJ had some issues too and the thing that saved me was Albany County Public Health. Call them and ask for LYNNDA, the Lactation nurse. She will COME TO YOU and bring a scale to see how much the baby is getting and also help with any latching issues. For a little while we had to use a nipple shield to get him used to it. My other advise- keep pumping Every hour to get your milk in. Your body produces what your baby tells it she needs so if she isn't sucking it won't come in. If you pump, your body thinks your baby is eating and it will help produce the milk. Seriously, don't give up. You can do it!!! You can also call your local WIC office, they have lactation counselers also. Please call me with any questions!! 307-274-0615. Your little Emma is just beautiful! Congratulations girl, you are doing great!!

howeshomepage said...

Have you talked to Ester at the womens clinic about your nursing issues- I believe she is a lactation specialist. I have heard some good things about her helping out moms who were struggling with nursing. I dont know if it would help, but it doesnt hurt to try.

howeshomepage said...

oh, by the way, I just think your little girl is so beautiful!!!!!! You are such a good Mommy!

Jason and Amanda said...

She is so precious! I love all that hair! I would definitly try a lactation nurse. If that helps great, if not that's ok too. You can bond just as well with a bottle. Good luck and enjoy!

Erica said...

She is so beautiful! (Although, I am partially to cute babies with hair.:) Congrats! Enjoy this time with your precious little one.

Erica said...

I meant partial instead of partially. oops.

Pauly said...

She certainlly is pretty! Love the pictures. And good luck, remember to do what you are comfortable with when it comes to making decisions about your baby--that is all that matters!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the pictures! Thanks for updating! :)

Jilian Webb Porter said...

Linds -- I TOTALLY understand what you are going through with the nursing issues...after three weeks of trying with Shea I just pumped exclusively and fed that to her with the bottle. I do wish I had gotten some help though, because with a lactation consultant it might have worked better. Anyway, Emma is so beautiful and I am glad she and you are both doing well.