Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Needles and Heartbeats

We just had our second appointment today! It was really fun except for getting stuck twice with needles. I had to get a flu shot and then they had to do some blood work! I'm not completely terrified of needles or anything, but I really just don't like the pain of getting stuck by one and then I thought of my little baby and having to get shots and I felt really sad. If it hurts me it must really hurt them. I'm sure that will be quite an adventure. The fun thing was that we got to hear the heartbeat again! I loved it! It is so comforting to hear it and know that everything is okay. I can't wait until I start to feel it move around. Hopefully soon! The second great news is that at our next appt. on Nov. 4th! We get to have another ultra sound and find out what we're having! I am so excited! I hope Nov. 4th comes very fast!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

WHAT! I'm jealous! My third appointment is on Nov. 11 but it's not the ultrasound appointment - ours is going to be 3-4 weeks later than the 11th. I don't get it? We're at the same spot in our pregnancies. Anyway, I agree about getting to hear the heartbeat again. Very comforting.

Pauly said...

What an exciting time for you! There is nothing like feeling the babe wiggle around inside you. It starts to make them feel *real*. Well, as real as they can feel without seeing them. I am excited to find out if It's a she or a he. Any names picked out?

Laurie said...

So exciting! Our guess is a boy... I have a theory about Wilhelm offspring... Are you still feeling pretty good? We miss you guys and Charlie can't wait for his new cuz!

Candace said...

I know! I'm not a big fan of all the needles either. My veins collapse EXTREMELY easily too, so they always have to poke me at least 4 or 5 times and I HATE it. Anyways, the MOST exciting part of my pregnancy was finding out whether we were going to have a boy or a girl. So, I can feel your anticipation!!!

Lindsey said...

Hearing the heartbeat is so exciting! It hits you hard that it is really happening. I agree about needles, Brinley just had her shots the other day and I wanted so bad to take them for her, its so sad!

Dashley said...

We are excited for NOVEMBER 4!! Oh, and I love the anniversary pictures- who did your make up? It looks awesome!!! (hehehehe :))

The Christensen's said...

Hey Lindsey,
I just found your blog! So cute and way excited for you guys! You will have to check out ours! See ya

Kilee and Rustin said...

Linds,
I am so excited for you guys. I am due on March 6. I went into preterm labor with Hayden and ended up on bedrest, so we will see how far I make it this time. We are having our 3rd boy. I guess we will be forking out a ton of money for missions in about 15 years.