Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Fastest Man Alive!

Robert ran in the Jelm Mountain race on Saturday morning! Basically you run up a mountain for 5 miles and then back down for 5 miles. This wasn't much for him since he has already ran two marathons and won his age division in both of them! So, in this race he came in second just a few seconds behind the guy in first! I was so excited and proud!


Jelm Mountain

This is his time! Pretty fast for 10 miles!



This is probably about 20 minutes or so after the race! The road he ran is behind us!


I was excited when Robert came in and couldn't really tell if it was him or not so I didn't get one of him running in, but this is sort of what it would have looked like, but he actually looked like he was in a lot more pain! I should have just gotten closer and started snapping anyways even if it wasn't him.



I f you look far out in the picture you can see a pack of runners just starting the run.



This is Robert right after the race! He was a little tired!





5 comments:

Dashley said...

Robert, you are basically just really amazing! Impressed are we. Good job friend!

Jason and Amanda said...

Good job Robert! To answer your question on my blog we are in Casper. Jason is still going to school. He is trying to get in the pharmacy program. I don't know how long we will be here but hopefully not too much longer.

Candace said...

Holy Smokes. 5 miles up a mountain, then 5 miles back down just sounds like torture to me! Guess that's why I don't run. That's great that he has something he loves to do though.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is so awesome of Robert! Great job to him! That's amazing in my world! :)

Arya said...

Robert, that is awesome! You are so incredibly fast! I am very, super-duper impressed. Seriously, 10 miles in 1:15 is like greased lightning!

Linds, how are you feeling? Have you felt the baby move yet?